3. I keep hearing all these different terms like “Flying Monkeys”, “Hoovering”, “Supply” and “Gray Rock”. What do they mean? Go here to read a list of words you need to know.
6. They keep coming back promising things will be different. Why are they doing this? It is really hard to fully end a relationship with a Narcissist. They rely on your hope and pity to take them back. Anticipate “hoovering”.
7. How do I get support? My friends think I just need to “get over it”, but I can’t. Other people (family, friends, etc.) will probably not be able to relate to what you are going through unless they’ve been in a relationship with a Narcissist. How can I join a support group?
6. After all he’s done, why do I miss him?
7. How can I get away from them for good? He/she won’t leave me alone.
8. How do I get away from them if I have kids or if they are members of my family? (Go Gray Rock.)
9. I keep having nightmares, and panic attacks, and I feel like I can’t trust anyone. What’s wrong with me? I feel like I’m broken beyond repair. Will I ever feel better, or even get over this?
My goal is to educate, empower, and inspire other abuse victims in understanding more about what happened to them (and how to prevent it from happening again), as well as how to go on and rebuild an amazing life.
Even though I have had a lot of "in the trenches" experience with highly manipulative people of all kinds, I consider myself to be a student of Narcissism, mindset, motivation, healing, and life in general, and am by no means an expert on any of these topics.
It's for these reasons, that when you are reading my information that I encourage you to hold to what helps, and let the rest go.